Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What rain does to the dentists

I sneaked out of Perio department to come online in the library.
Rainy days are the days we do nothing.

 

The view from the library.
 




No wonder I never liked the rain. It makes people lazy. Patients can't come to the clinic, I can't meet my scaling quota. I basically sat in the cubicle idly the entire morning. I took a 40 min nap in the R & R (Rest and Recreation) after lunch. The sofa right at the back of the room is a good spot to sleep, a tip for those who often get tired, like myself. This is probably the....3rd or 4th time I slept there. I felt as if I took a sedative. The only thing which bothers me slightly is the CCTV right on top of my head. Someone watches the video on the 18th floor. I always wonder if it's an offense to sleep on the sofa, but so far I haven't gotten into trouble. So i suppose it's legal? Anyway, I'm not doing in during class time.




The 'appropriate' place to sleep during class time would be the dental chair. I once 'dozed off' on the dental chair with a spectacle hanging loosely on my nose and a textbook opened on my lap. It was a safe position which I deliberately portrayed, because, it looked as if I 'fell asleep'. I actually got caught by Dr Kanaga last Friday. Being all groggy, I walked towards him when he called upon my name. For a moment I thought I got into trouble. It was no hot soup though, I was only told to wash my face.=)




People always asks me why I choose this course. I never chose this. I was led into this path, but honestly, I feel nothing, but grateful about it. I doubt I would enjoy any other course more than dentistry (alright, mayb an exception to culinary art). I admit that I'm only mediocre with my hands, but it's the nature of this course which makes it so interesting. Being a combination of art and science, it is challenging yet not too taxing. The only setback is that this course really burns a hole in my pocket (or more like my parents'), as we constantly have to buy our own instruments, which by the way, is not at all cheap.


Class ended at 4pm. By 4.30pm, Roselyn, Shue Kang and I headed to Snowish, a taiwanese dessert place, a close imitation of Snowflake.






This is yummy, but extreeeemely filling. I recommend sharing.




This is kinda tasteless.





I'm planning to get this phone. Still contemplating though.
Any idea what phone is cheap yet good?


1 comment:

  1. Rain sedates almost everyone!!! More like mild dose of diazepam struck instantly on your neck with those air conditioned space. There's so much to agree upon and I think, I like your style of writing!!!

    ReplyDelete