Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Growing up







Today I see the need for ample reading.
I attended to an inquisitive patient who bombarded me with a million questions.


"Which toothbrush should I use" - patient
"Medium is good. Hard toothbrushes cause tooth abrasion, it's not good for yr teeth" - Me
"Why do they produce hard toothbrush then?"
*speechless* "Just as a variety...to give people the options to choose from.." (a really senseless answer)


"Why do I get toothache?" - same patient
"Maybe it's because you have a decay, and you left it so it progressed deeper."
"But the dentist yesterday said my teeth are fine."
*brain storming* "Then it's probably because you never did scaling regular enough, so the calculus accumulates on your teeth, pushing yr gums down. So eventually you feel pain."
*Patient seemed convinced*



Today is the first time in a long time since I wore full formal clothing. I feel as if I'm reborn ed. It's like I'm starting all over again. Back to the newbie who obeys the dress code. And dressing so smartly, I bumped into the Johnsons couple (missionaries from the states) for the first time in NB tower. I'm glad they didn't see me in my sloppy clothing. Sister Johnson enquired about her chipped off filling on the front tooth (11). She asked if she could just glue it back, but unfortunately she can't. She's going to the dental clinic tomorrow to fix an appointment. She was so worried that we wouldn't do a good job because it's her front tooth. We assured her and she left with much relief. I was told that she failed to contact me 2 days back. I guess it's my phone. It hasn't been working well recently. Much apologies to those who tried but failed to contact me. If her appointment is next week, she'd see me in the clinic. I'm posted to Conservstive and Endodontic starting next week.=)


I really suck at resisting temptations.
I promised myself 3 pieces of M&M when I reached out for it.
I managed to push it away for 5 mins but I'm now having the entire bottle in my hand.
Chocolate = Pimples
But it tastes SO GOOD!=(
If only I had better discipline.








No comments:

Post a Comment