Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I finally met Jane Chuck and Daphne Charice!

Or at least that's what I thought for a mere 10 minutes?

I had a dream this morning.

Alright, so it goes back to abt half a year ago, when I first got to know about Jane Chuck and Daphne Charice (Malaysian bloggers). I started following their blog and Instagram. They're pretty famous in Malaysia, Jane has abt 300++k followers on IG, while Daphne close to 100k. They're both best friends just in case you have no clue who they are.

1 fine day, I had this random thought. There are many cafes that have sprung up in the last few years, some serve really good food and coffees, some don't. But they all seem to be doing okay, if not well. I live in Alor Setar and there's absolutely nothing to do here, so I visit cafes every now and then to kill time. For the past year, I have noticed many new cafes opening here. All of them are surviving (except one, which always seems empty when I drive past), but not all are decent. So I was thinking, if Jane and Daphne both open up a cafe, whether or not they serve quality food and beverages, they can easily maintain their customers or expand their business merely with their popularity. Honestly, I would want to hang out in their cafe just to probably catch a glance of them, OR maybe have a lil conversation *gasp*, OR take a selfie with them *faints*, OR perhaps just drinking coffee made by them (I don't even like coffees actually). And they'll make big bucks just from this!

That was just a random thought. Which I shared with Ming a couple of months back.

Yesterday, I think I found out that both of them had opened a cafe together. Called Project Space Coffee. It's all very vague because I see many "congratulations" and "what's the operating hours" and "is this yr cafe" but never clear answers for the last question. However, I assume it's true. Because I really wish they did. And I would totally visit.

Going back to the original topic. So perhaps due to yesterday's discovery, I dreamt that I met Daphne and Jane, probably in their cafe, though it seems more like my aunt's house (which doesn't make a lot of sense). Anyway, in my dream, I was trying to talk to Daphne but she didn't seem too keen in replying me. I was obviously a lil disheartened. I always wonder how it'd be like if ever I met them. I'd probably be very nervous and all. Though to think abt it, I really shouldn't be. I'm older than them. I'm a dentist! I meet random people all the time and I talk to strangers a lot. But. But. They're so pretty! Yea, that must be it. They're probably too pretty, with flawless skin and everything for me to talk to them normally.
But oh well, if I really do see them one day, lets say in their "newly opened cafe" (if its even real), I do hope that they will be nice and friendly. *fingers crossed* ;)


On a side note, I think I MIGHT have sorta overcome my phobia of approaching preggies. (I previously had trouble getting them for dental check-ups because I, in the recent years, has developed into an introvert, and approaching random ppl isn't my forte.) But since this is part of my job, I had no choice but to go against my instinct and bring myself to do what I really hate. And I have sucked at it, as revealed by the record we keep. However, for the past 2 visits, I surprisingly exceeded my personal quota (which is a pathetic 3, or on a good day, 5). I managed to fetch 16 preggies yesterday! Unbelievable, isn't it? *gloats*

So what has changed? I don't really know. I'm guessing it's because I moved to more strategic location, so it's somewhat easier for me to catch them. And I have been making it a point to go with a white coat, so that they realize I'm actually a Dr, and not a COLGATE PROMOTER.
Oh, another trick is to look somewhat serious, so it looks like I'm busy doing my job and it' s part of the routine though the truth is, I'm partially interfering their check-up process with the medical doctors. Well just a lil bit. :)

Lets hope this spirit stays on a lil bit longer. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment