Saturday, December 25, 2010

When you build something forcefully, it will just end up crumbling into dust.

First and foremost,
Merry Christmas!


Finally, i've decided to write again.
The year is coming to an end.
Time really flies; I always say this.
Everything that has happened this entire year is so vague.
I cannot seem to remember.
It doesn't really matter I suppose, the past is the past.
Leave it all behind and I shall take a leap forward.
I cannot wait for the new year.
It's a common perception, "A new year, A new beginning".
I guess it's the time to make changes; though the truth is, you can change any time of the year, really.


I sat for an exam yesterday, on Christmas's eve. It was 'General Medicine'.
I kinda like this subject.
It's nothing like "Why does an atom exist?"; but more like stuff applicable to daily life.
There's this one thing I read which I'd like to share;  Angina.

Definition: A type of temporary chest pain, pressure or discomfort.

Few days back, I woke up in the middle of the night with a tightening sensation on my chest. I thought it was because I didn't swallow my pill properly before I slept. So I drank some water and went back to bed.

Recently, I came across the symptoms of heart attack when I was studying for my exam.

  1. Sweating
  2. Shortness of breath
  3. Nausea
  4. Pain in chest, upper abdomen, back, neck, jaw, left shoulder and arm (Pain is dull, constricting, choking or heavy)
Then, I realized that the pain I was experiencing that night was similar to the pain described for heart attack. Well I don't thk it's quite possible that I was getting a heart attack, but the thing is, most ppl do not know when they're having one. It' makes a lot of difference if you detect heart attack early as the damage will be minimal. If there's anyone (who's very likely to get a heart attack) around you feeling pain in the arms or right shoulder (more commonly), pls seek medical help.

Predisposing factors:
  1. Cigarrete smoking
  2. Stress
  3. High blood pressure
  4. High blood cholesterol
  5. Physical inactivity
  6. Obesity
  7. Alcohol
  8. Diabetes mellitus
Honestly, if you stay away from cigarettes and alchohol, you're spared from alot of diseases. I know it's a cliche, but its hold so much of truth.

The greatest wealth is health. 



5 comments:

  1. Heyyyy!!=D Haha good to hear from you.=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie!!!! hahahaha! told you i'd be here to see your blog! hahahahaha!

    and well, women can be understood.
    it just takes the right man to do so. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Shyan!
    Agree with you=) and it takes a patient man to understand a woman=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahaha! well, that patient man aint very hard to find. u just need some stronger contact lenses there to see. hahahaha! or ya just aint paying enough attention. hahahaha! =P he doesn't come in BMWs nowadays. hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete