Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Why women are stupid sometimes.

Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)

It is something most women face monthly. Some men might think this is an excuse for us women to behave unreasonably. Unfortunately, the way these hormones make us feel is beyond our control. Irritability. Depression. Mood swings. Fatigue. It's not something we can snap out of just like that.

About a week ago, I came home from yoga tired. As I was washing up, my bf was complaining about how he had to dispose the garbage bags in the kitchen as they were infested with ants. And went on with all the other things he did that day. I was so irritated and I snapped "Big deal? You throw it once and you have to brag about it. Who does it all the time?!?!?!" And i went on and on scolding him....


With an innocent face and a soft voice, he asked "But i didn't do anything wrong, why am i being scolded?"

I paused. I thought for a bit. And I answered guiltily "I'm having PMS......."

He looked at me, and gave me an "It's okay look".

I felt slightly bad, but I wasn't done PMS-ing.....

So came his "punishment". I asked him to perform a simple yoga stunt which I couldn't do properly in class earlier on. Well, I was genuinely curious if he could do it actually. Reluctantly, he did it. Despite his halfhearted attempt, it lifted my mood. He was really tired that day, but he layan me anyway. I went to bed feeling better, thanks to him.


But no, PMS isn't for only a day.


2 days later, I attended my yoga studio's anniversary dinner. At the end of the event, each performer was presented with a bouquet of flowers. I looked at mine. And I looked around at others'. Mine was SO UGLY! Every other bouquet was so pretty. :( :( :( I drove home feeling EXTREMELY SAD. I kept wondering why I'm so unlucky. Why did i have to get that ugly bouquet. I even had to comfort myself by telling myself that flowers only last for a few days, after that they all die. They are only ugly for a couple of days! Honestly, I felt really stupid for even feeling depressed over flowers =.= Like seriously???? I was so aware of how stupid I was being, but that doesn't mean I can stop feeling sad. I couldnt'.

I reached home. My bf casually asked how my night went. I looked at him, and I really didn't feel like talking about it. But I answered his question honestly anyway. "I'm very sad."

My answer caught his attention. He was so curious, "WHY????"

At that moment, I was contemplating whether to mention it. "......It's a very stupid reason......."

"Just tell me!"

I blurted out "They gave me flowers and it's so ugly! :( :( :("

He asked in a ridiculous tone "Ha? You're sad because the flowers are ugly???? Where are the flowers?"

I defended myself, "But other peoples' flowers are SO BEAUTIFUL. LIKE SOOOO PRETTY. And mine is SO SUPER UGLY. Why did i get the ugly flowers??? :( :( :( Why am I so unlucky?????" "They are outside. I don't want to look at them......... :(:(:("

He ran out to look at the flowers. Then he came back, slightly laughing and said, "It's okay. They are just flowers"




I know sometimes I get so easily affected during my Premenstrual period. I think it's pretty ridiculous too, but those emotions are so real. They are so strong. I really can't help it. I'm just grateful that my bf is very understanding when it comes to this. Well, we have gone a long way, I guess he knows the drill. ;)



Kudos to all men who treat their ladies right when they PMS! Sincerely appreciate the effort. We acknowledge it, and we love you for it! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment